Observations of my dress habits this week:
- More dresses, and breezy pieces that I love are slowly coming out of storage.
- I’m still grappling with the idea of dressing for myself, wearing things that feel good, and the idea that I’m dressing to putter around my apartment all day. It’s like that old saying, “If I wear this outfit and no one sees it, does it even matter if I get dressed today?”
- I seem to be continually hitting a wall mid-week, which results in me not always feeling up to photographing that day’s outfit. This week I can confidently say that you missed nothing but another hoodie + jeans combo. Sweats? For quarantine? Groundbreaking.
- Activewear is making a more regular appearance, as I’m going on more walks and bike rides with my partner (although bike rides are on hold after this past weekend’s nonsense in Toronto).
- Why yes, I did put on a linen dress and lipstick to get a coffee and go for a walk. I even fully accessorized myself, and put on my cute sneakers (not just my athletic sneakers which, after my slippers, I practically live in these days).
- I look good in mint green. Maybe I’m delusional, but I think it works on me. Note to self: more mint green! You can still love yellow, and all it’s various shades, but diversify your palette with more mint green. Yeah.
I hope that you’re all experiencing some nice weather, and are able to enjoy it safely. Please learn from this past weekend in Toronto, and remember that as much as you’d like to go to the park, or congregate somewhere, please don’t. This is dragging on, and it will continue to drag on if people make poor and selfish decisions.
P.S. I’m trying to be proactive, and use this new editing/writing module style … whatever before WordPress forces me to switch, so please be patient while I figure out how to format this the way that I want.